Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Ginger Pear Smoothie

With the flu and all of the cold viruses that are spreading like wildfire around me, I'm taking every precaution I can to stay healthy. For me this means eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies (especially greens), using my anti-bacterial, anti-viral essential oils and getting lots of sleep.

This morning I made a very tasty smoothie that I want to share with all of you. I used swiss chard as my greens but you can use any greens (kale, spinach, collard greens, etc).  The ginger gave it that little extra zing that made the smoothie complex and had a warming effect inside my body. If you don't have fresh ginger you can use 1 tsp powdered ginger.

Ginger Pear Smoothie
1 handful of greens
1 banana
1 pear
1 inch knob of ginger (if you don't have a high speed blender, grate the ginger)
1 TBS flaxseeds or chia seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Cup Almond Milk

Blend all ingredients and enjoy. Add ice or use a frozen banana if you prefer your smoothies cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment